The Aston House pack is named after the real life version of „Q Branch“ of James Bond fame. Like the products produced by Aston House, this pack has a whole host of hidden features and capabilities all wrapped up in an innocuous looking package. The overall size of 11″x8″x21″ is well suited for travel, urban day use, and a variety of backcountry scenarios. Here is how the pack is organized, from suspension side outward:
Hybrid of Umlindi and Ute with Ute style single point harness attachment and load lifters. Hypalon lumbar flap for capturing an optional Prairie Belt also serves to access the removable framesheet with integrated single stay.
Removable load compartment
This is a 4″ deep compartment that can be accessed via zippers at both the top and bottom of the pack. It is meant for the heavier elements of your load. Additional features include:
- Slick interior to make removal of load cells (such as AstonInsert, Palspocket, Tarapocket, etc.) quick and easy.
- Dual hypalon load hangers at the top, one on each side of the compartment
- Top and bottom compression straps have two different tab sets they can be attached to for a standard or extra wide strap placement. Extra wide is meant to clear anything you might want to carry in the removable load compartment that needs to stick out of the top of the pack.
- The outer sides of this compartment have First Spear 6/12 slot pockets with a 2 channel PALS grid cut into them.
- There is a plastic insert between this compartment and the next to help support load elements suspended from the hypalon load hangers.
This is a contoured 4″ deep compartment that is accessed via a generous zippered panel. It includes:
- Fully lined with 6/12 PALS cut fabric, velcro loop side out. This lets you use either PALS or velcro backed pouches to organize this pocket.
- Hypalon load hanger array at the top
This is a removable compression pocket / panel that comes with the pack. It has the following features:
- Full zipper panel access
- 3 vertically stacked slot pockets on inner surface
- Single mesh pocket on rear surface
- Scalloped hypalon load control detail that terminate in compression strap attachment slots
- External loop cord attachment points
This setup combines to give you the ultimate pack for all of your organizationally intensive endeavors. Offered in a couple of different low profile two tone color combinations with multicolored zipper pulls for a decidedly civilian look.